Did you know that tennis greats like John McEnroe and Kevin Anderson began their professional tennis careers through the USA college system? If you want to play college tennis and have the talent and determination to win, then a USA tennis scholarship is the perfect place to start.
At Aspire Atlantic, we can help you achieve your professional tennis dreams. Tennis scholarships are available for tennis players based on their academic and tennis abilities.
Contact Us to find out about the variety of USA sports scholarships we offer.
There are multiple ways student-athletes can go about getting a tennis scholarship in the United States:
1. Compete at a High level: To play at the Division I college level, players need to compete at a high level of junior or amateur tennis, such as their National Championships or the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Junior Circuit. Regarding player rankings, students with an ITF Junior ranking are more likely to be recruited. Players should also strive to obtain a UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) which can be an important factor for college coaches allowing them to compare players from different regions and levels of play.
2. Maintain good grades: Tennis scholarships are awarded in combination with a student's academic ability, so it's important to maintain good grades in high school.
3. Tournaments and Video: College coaches often scout players by reviewing tournament footage; student-athletes should play and record many tournaments to showcase their skills.
4. Contact Aspire Atlantic: You can contact a College Tennis scout below directly by signing up and expressing your interest in studying and playing in the USA.
If playing professional tennis is your dream, the USA college tennis scholarship system offers a great pathway which has been followed by some of the biggest names in tennis.
You can get a USA tennis scholarship by simply applying to our scholarship programme. At Aspire Atlantic, we have helped many students receive tennis scholarships and play college tennis in the USA. With our help, you could be the next tennis great to achieve your goals.
Tennis scholarships are distributed differently depending on the colleges' division and association.NCAA Division I tennis teams are allowed to give their women 8 full scholarships and their men’s teams 4.5.
- NCAA Division II women’s teams get 6 full scholarships and the men’s team receive 4.5.
- NAIA colleges provide the same number of tennis scholarships as the NCAA D1.
- NJCAA colleges are the most generous, offering 9 full scholarships each to their men’s and women’s teams.
Apply with Aspire Atlantic for the best tennis scholarship colleges in the USA. We want to make your tennis dreams a reality today.
Getting a tennis scholarship of your dreams begins here!
In general, you should begin the application process for a tennis scholarship in Grade 9. To begin your application, you will need to put together video footage of yourself playing tennis, including all pertinent sporting information, such as your UTR, your local/international ITF ranking, and your high school report cards.
Check out the timeline for USA College tennis Scholarships below:
If you are awarded a full scholarship, you won’t have to pay a thing. However, most top tennis players get awards between 50% and 100% scholarships their first year, and they can improve their scholarships when they prove that they are worth the investment. Get in touch with one of our recruitment experts today and join over 500 student-athletes placed in the USA already.
There is no easy way to get a tennis scholarship. If you have the talent, the marks, and the determination, you’re halfway there. Sign up and complete a free online evaluation form with us today, and we will help you earn a tennis scholarship to a top USA college.
The various sporting associations that govern college sports in the USA set their respective GPA requirements, so speak to one of our expert recruiters today about what GPA (and other requirements) you need to qualify for a tennis scholarship in the USA. Remember, each university will also have its own GPA requirements too.
The first intercollegiate tennis championship was held in 1883, with Harvard winning the inaugural college title. Since then, tennis has become a tremendously popular college sport, boasting more than 1600 men's and women's teams in the NCAA alone. Tennis is played in every Division of all three major athletic associations, with many colleges offering lucrative scholarships to attract the world's top players.
All you need to do to get started is to Sign Up with us today and complete the free online evaluation and see if you qualify to study and play tennis in the USA – it's that simple!
Aspire Atlantic is one of the world's best USA university sports recruitment consultancies dedicated to bridging the gap between talent and opportunity for aspiring students.
Contact Us to start your stress-free and rewarding USA university sports scholarship admission today.
Remember, it’s always the perfect time to begin your journey towards studying at the university of your dreams. Sign up here for a free consultation with one of our recruitment experts. You could join over 500 student-athletes already placed in the USA, competing at the highest level and earning a world-class degree!
Embarking on a fulfilling career in physiotherapy? This article highlights the journeys of becoming a physiotherapist in South Africa and the USA. In South Africa, it involves a four-year degree and a year of community service, while the USA requires a four-year undergraduate degree followed by a three-year Doctor of Physical Therapy programme. Specialisations and board certifications are available in the USA. Choose your path and make a positive impact on people's lives through movement.Read More